Saturday, March 30, 2013

Holy Week Food: Wednesday to Saturday

So, the last few days of food have not been terribly exciting or picture worthy.

On Wednesday, we had leftover Shepherd's pie, so no picture of that. It was delicious, of course, but looked exactly the same as the other one.

On Thursday, we had beans and rice. We also had a green vegetable which the internet tells me is called Lamb's Lettuce. This was not terribly exciting, but I am firmly of the opinion that Holy Week food should be a little boring, since then Easter food will be more delicious.


I also experimented with making shortbread. I used Cam's recipe for gluten free shortbread. I decided to go with regular shortbread, though, because I didn't feel like messing around with the chocolate part. It didn't work at all, but I think that's my fault. I think my butter should have been softer. After it became clear to me that it wasn't going to stick together, I tried adding Nutella. That didn't work either. So now there is a large amount of really really crumbly shortbread sitting on my shelf in a tupperware waiting for Easter. I am sure it will taste delicious, but appearance-wise it is a little non-ideal!

On Friday, we had a soup made out of lentils and carrots. It looked very weird and not-tasty, so I didn't take a picture. I thought it was okay, but I'm not a soup person. Kevin thought it was good, not great, but certainly filling.

Tonight we are having a stir-fry of cashews and peas with rice. Then tomorrow we are feasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment