Sunday, March 24, 2013

Trip report

Well, that was a lovely trip! It was also rather exhausting. I really don't like hotel rooms, and I especially don't like sharing them with people I don't know well. And, of course, Prague and Dresden had a cold snap. Every day was a scarf and glove kind of day, and some of them had temperatures in the teens. There was also a good deal of snow and rain. This was not ideal for outdoor tours, but we made the best of it.

I took over 1000 photos this week. Of course, that's the unsorted number. I'm starting to realize I take too many pictures. It's frustrating to me when I want to take a picture of something, but I can't get a good picture because the light is all wrong or something like that. I wonder if I can fix these problems by learning more about my camera, or if some shots really are just impossible. The edited photo totals turned out to be 549. 617 photos from Prague turned into 349, 244 photos from Dresden turned into 125, and 150 photos from Eisenach turned into 75. So I only keep approximately half the pictures I take. I wonder how that compares to other people.

I'm not sure how much of a trip recount I really want to do. I'll probably post some of my favorite pictures from the trip, but I assume anyone reading this blog is a family member, so they can look at all the pictures on facebook and get a pretty good idea of what happened on the trip.

Last note: staying gluten free worked pretty well, I think. I ate hardboiled eggs and oranges for lunch, mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment