Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cleared

I am officially healthy again, according to my doctor. I had three doctor's appointments in a week, and the three of them probably added up to half an hour with the doctor. German medicine is just so strange.

Speaking of medicine, I looked my medicine up on wikipedia, and my goodness! I am now convinced I had a terrible case of tonsillitis. The medicine I had has a black box warning in the US, and in the EU it's illegal for a doctor to prescribe it if he thinks a weaker drug will work. Since the US black box warning is that this drug causes tendonitis and potentially tendon tears, I am not doing *anything* active for a while. I have had enough tendon problems that I probably shouldn't have started it in the first place, but by the time I realized that, I was already halfway through and it didn't seem worth it to go get some other drug which would then cost me another 55E.

Well, anyway, I am now healthy and returning to normal life. I was super lucky in that I was basically out cold for a week, but I managed to time my antibiotic doses such that I only missed one class. (And quite frankly, that was a class that I basically have to do no work for, so I'm not terribly fussed.)

I have been experimenting more with gluten-free baking, and I am cautiously optimistic. I am going to try eating the fruits of my labors this afternoon, so we shall see how they taste!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sophie. Glad you're feeling better.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete