Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Half marathon!

So, last Sunday I ran a half marathon. I will spare you the entire race report, which took up at least a page and which I emailed to the four people I thought would actually want to read it: my father, my twin sister, my little sister, and my aunt.

You get the short version, which runs like this: 13.1 miles, 2:26:32, and a whole lot of fun!

I have pre-race and post-race photos, but I checked my camera during the actual race (because trying to hold a good camera while running sweatily for two and a half hours sounds like a disaster waiting to happen). Here are some of the better ones:

My stuff all laid out the night before the race
Some people call me a control freak. On the one hand, I argue this name. On the other hand, I made a color coded schedule for the morning before the race. Your call.
 
Me and Kevin and another friend before the race.
Me after the race with my medal.
Of course, running is not without its dangers. My index toe on my right foot basically turned into a blood blister and it hurt even to touch it for a few days. Also, the weather was cold enough that I knew if I didn't wear a hat my ears would get cold and I would get a splitting headache. Well, running around with a hand-knitted hat on your head does not do good things to your hair AT ALL. Keep in mind when you scroll down to that picture that my hair is stick-straight. Every bend is because of the hat!
My poor toe, which is luckily feeling a lot better.
My hair. Such a mess I had to brush it before showering!
 It was a good race, and I had a very good time. I wonder when my next race will be? I'm trying to find one in Europe somewhere during the remainder of my stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment