Friday, June 21, 2013

7 quick takes, volume 10

1. Thank you all for the prayers! The final diagnosis was an infection/inflammation of the intestines which my body was fighting off on its own. Therefore, no medical interventions were needed (except a pain drug which is illegal in the US. Ha.)

2. I am now on a temporary diet of easy to digest food. On a lactose and gluten-free diet, that basically means rice, applesauce, and carrots. Yay. However, I think it also includes Fanta, because soda is the easiest thing to keep down if you're sick to your stomach, so it must be easy to digest. And also the doctor left it up to my discretion how long I should follow this diet for.

3. A little over half the people in my program are going home this weekend, which is sad, especially since a lot of the ones I got along best with are leaving. But I suppose this is life, and I will make the best of it. I now have offers of free places to stay all over the US. Road trip, anyone?

4. We had a goodbye party yesterday. I was voted "most likely to have a dozen children" and Kevin and I were voted "most likely to get married."

5. We held our party at the Seepark, where there are so many waterfowl. Since it's summer, there were oodles of baby waterfowl. I saw baby coots, grebes, mallards, and one cygnet. Possibly also a nest of baby moorhens--they were red on top like moorhens, but it looked like a coot was taking care of them.

6. and 7. Pictures of baby birds!
 Not all baby birds are cute. Some look like space aliens.
 A baby coot watching while its parent dives.
 A mama mallard sitting on her babies.
 Coots have strange, strange feet.
 This poor cygnet. He is so clearly going through puberty.
 Baby mallard!
 I threw in this random sparrow for good measure.
 A grebe. They are hard to photograph because they don't stay on the water for very long.
 Two baby coots fighting over an apple.
A baby grebe. They're striped!

Head over to Conversion Diary for the rest of the takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment